UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visa


You can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa if you:

What you can and can’t do

You can:

  • be a student examiner or assessor;
  • take part in selection panels for the education, arts or research organisation you’re invited by as a highly qualified academic;
  • give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it’s not a part-time or full-time role;
  • examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from, by invitation of an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority;
  • provide advocacy in a particular area of law;
  • take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting;
  • take part in fashion modelling assignments;
  • do minor activities related to your work or business overseas, e.g. meetings.

You can’t:

  • do specific paid work unrelated to your main job or area of expertise at home or sell merchandise, other than what’s allowed by your visa;
  • extend this visa or switch to another visa;
  • live in the UK for extended periods;
  • get public funds;
  • study – except for 30 days of incidental study;
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
  • bring family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application – they must apply separately.


Processing times

Most applications are processed within 15 days.

Number of days to process application 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 30 days 60 days
% of applications decided 19% 61% 92% 99% 99% 99% 100%



Call Now Button


Let me know on WhatsApp below how I can assist you or send me an email now.

× How can I help you?