UK Dependent Visa


The UK Dependant Visa is for the family members (partners or chidlren) of people who have, or are applying for, visas various work categories including the UK Settlement,UK Ancestral Worker routes (formerly Tier 2), Temporary Worker routes (formerly Tier 5) as well as, Global Talent migrants and those with visas granted .

Married Partner
You can apply for a UK dependency visa if you are lawfully married. This is the most common type of partner.

Unmarried Partner
If you are in a long-term relationship, you can apply for a visa if you have been cohabiting for two years.

You can apply for a UK fiancé visa if you intend to get married or become civil partners within six months.

In order to apply for the visa you and your spouse must:

  • Have met.
  • Married to, or are able to show that you have been cohabiting with, an eligible person for two years.
  • Intend to live together permanently.
  • Maintenance requirements may apply.

A child can come to the UK as the dependant of parents.

Requirements for a child UK dependant visa:

  • Under 18 on the day of application.
  • Unmarried and do not have an independent family unit.
  • Not living an independent life.
  • Children over 16 must prove they still live with the parent or include evidence that they are away due to academic endeavours and are still fully financially supported by their parents.
  • Maintenance requirements may apply.
  • You may have to prove your relation to your child.
  • You may have to prove you have sole responsibility for your child.

New requirement for visa customers wishing to stay in the UK for more than 6 months, to get a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) on arrival. you will receive a 30 day travel visa in your passport.


You should be aware that:

  • you must travel within this 30 day period or your visa will expire
  • if your 30 day travel visa expires before you travel, you will need to apply for a replacement and pay another fee in order to travel to the UK
  • once you arrive in the UK you must collect your BRP from the Post Office you chose when you applied for your visa within 10 days
  • you will receive a letter with your visa decision providing instructions on what you need to do once in the UK

Your BRP is an important document. It provides proof of your permission to be in the UK, for how long and the conditions attached to your stay, and can also be used as identification. View example of BRP.

You must be tested for tuberculosis (TB) if you are going to the UK for more than 6 months. Children under 11 years don’t need an x-ray but will also get a certificate. This is a mandatory requirement when applying for your UK visa. You’ll be given a certificate which is valid for 6 months from the date of your x-ray.

SA Travelbug will secure your TB appointment on your behalf with a clinic approved by the UK visa offices. They won’t accept a TB test certificate from a clinic they haven’t approved. Example of TB Certificate here. TB Screening for the UK Factsheet here.

There is no Immigration Health Surcharge payable. This concession is a huge saving for migrants on the Health & Care Worker Visa route.

SA Travelbug will assist you with the processing of South African Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) which is a mandatory requirement for your visa application. Request PCC here.

Travel Insurance including medical cover is required when travelling. It must cover the duration of the requested visa. Request Travel Insurance here.

With each Visa there is a different cost based in the foreign currency of the Country you are visiting, which together with our volatile South Africa Rand, results in the costs of Visas fluctuating.  In order for us to provide you with a quote, reflecting the current cost for the Visa you require, please click here for a detailed quote.

  1. A thorough and detailed information gathering process ensuring you are provided with the latest current information.
  2. Guidance as to the best submission process and submission centre regarding such applications.
  3. Counselling throughout the preparation process, providing you with checklists and templates for the supporting documents required for your application.
  4. Completing and submitting your online application.
  5. Arranging the couriering of your documents.
  6. Assisting in liaising and obtaining where possible supporting documentation and accreditation from the required 3rd parties. Noting that in some instances the time frame of such documentation is beyond the control of SA Travelbug.
  7.  Arranging for the translation of required supporting documents.
  8. Preparation of a complete application dossier for presentation to Immigration Authorities, as required.
  9. If required we will also arrange your Consular appointment.
  10. To maintain the confidentiality of the client’s information and documents and to only release these details to the noted Government officials and those required by law or in order to expedite the application, unless the Applicant provides the authority to release information or documents to any other party.

Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks, if you’re outside the UK.

Note: We cannot guarantee visa processing times in advance. All processing periods quoted are estimates only and subject to change.

Call Now Button


Let me know on WhatsApp below how I can assist you or send me an email now.

× How can I help you?