USA VISIT VISA
The B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa is for people traveling to the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2).
The B-1 Visa
Is for travellers consulting with business associates, attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions/conferences, settling an estate or negotiating contracts.
The B-2 Visa
Is for travel that is recreational in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature.
Often, the B-1 and B-2 visas are combined and issued as one visa: the B-1/B-2.
Supporting documents are only one of many factors a consular officer will consider in your interview.
Consular officers look at each application individually and consider professional, social, cultural and other factors during adjudication. Consular officers may look at your specific intentions, family situation, and your long-range plans and prospects within your country of residence.
Each case is examined individually and is accorded every consideration under the law.
Do not present false documents. Fraud or misrepresentation can result in permanent Visa ineligibility.
If confidentiality is of concern, the applicant should bring the documents to the Embassy or Consulate in a sealed envelope.
The Embassy or Consulate will not make this information available to anyone and will respect the confidentiality of the information.
SA Travelbug provides professional assistance with your online application
Our fees include:
- Uploading your passport photo
- Capturing DS 160
- Paying USA Embassy
- Scheduling your appointment.
You will need to appear in person for a personal interview
List of Counties Participating in Visa Waiver Program
Currently, 36 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program. Nationals of these 36 countries can travel to the United States
for a stay of 90 days or less without applying for visas, provided the purpose of travel is tourism or business.
Andorra Hungary New Zealand
Australia Iceland Norway
Austria Ireland Portugal
Belgium Italy San Marino
Brunei Japan Singapore
Czech Republic Latvia Slovakia
Denmark Liechtenstein Slovenia
Estonia Lithuania South Korea
Finland Luxembourg Spain
France Malta Sweden
Germany Monaco Switzerland
Greece the Netherlands United Kingdom
Visa Waiver Requirements
- Applicant must hold a machine readable passports as of 26 June 2005.
- Your Passport must be valid at least 6 months from the expected day of departure from the United States.
- You have complied with the conditions of previous admissions under the Visa Waiver Program and have not been disqualified for a US visa.
- Applicant arrives by an approved carrier (by sea or air). Most major airlines and cruise ships are approved carriers.
- The applicants have return ticket to their home country or any other country besides US or any of its adjacent islands.
- If the applicants plan to arrive to US by land then they must demonstrate their intention to stay 90 days or less in the United States, and also show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay in US.
- Travellers who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Mexico, Canada, or other adjacent islands, can re-enter U.S. under the VWP for the approved admission period.
* New passports issued by Visa Waiver Program countries must include a digital photo, otherwise the traveller will be required to get a visa. A digital photo is printed on the page and not glued or laminated to the passport. If a passport does not have this feature, then the applicants can still travel without a visa if their passport was issued before 26 October 2005 which is machine-readable. Or if they have an “e-Passport” that includes an integrated computer chip capable of storing biographical information from the data page, a digitalized photograph, and other biometric information. (All passports issued after October 26, 2006 from the VWP participating countries are e-Passports)
How long will my Visa be valid for?
Normally it is valid for multiple entries up to 10years.
General 5-14 working days
Embassy fee ZAR1888 excluding service fees and courier fees Subject to change