UK Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa
The new Visitor Visa system has simplified the system by reducing the 15 types of UK Visitor Visa categories to four. The four categories now consist of:
- Visit (standard) – the standard visa available to tourists;
- Marriage / Civil Partnership Visit – this covers those entering the UK to finalise marriage and civil partnerships;
- Permitted Paid Engagements (PPE) Visit – a visa for persons who will be undertaking paid engagements such as theatre appearances, concerts and performing arts;
- Transit Visit – will be for people transits through the UK.
Permitted Paid Engagement Visit Visa
You can apply for a Permitted Paid Engagement visa if you:
- want to come to the UK to do specific paid work without having to be sponsored under the points-based visa system,
- are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA)and Switzerland.
- meet the other eligibility requirements.
What you can and can’t do
- be a student examiner or assessor;
- take part in selection panels for the education, arts or research organisation you’re invited by as a highly qualified academic;
- give lectures at a higher education institution, as long as it’s not a part-time or full-time role;
- examine UK-based pilots so they meet the standards of the country you come from, by invitation of an approved UK training organisation regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority;
- provide advocacy in a particular area of law;
- take part in arts, entertainment or sporting activities including broadcasting;
- take part in fashion modelling assignments;
- do minor activities related to your work or business overseas, e.g. meetings.
- do specific paid work unrelated to your main job or area of expertise at home or sell merchandise, other than what’s allowed by your visa;
- extend this visa or switch to another visa;
- live in the UK for extended periods;
- get public funds;
- study – except for 30 days of incidental study;
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
- bring family members (‘dependants’) with you on your application – they must apply separately.
Most applications are processed within 15 days.
|Number of days to process application||2 days||3 days||5 days||10 days||15 days||30 days||60 days|
|% of applications decided||19%||61%||92%||99%||99%||99%||100%|