Children Visiting the UK

Children Visiting the UK

26 October 2015 - 8:31 am

Children Visiting the UK


The New Immigration Regulation dictate that as from 01 June 2015 children require UNABRIDGED BIRTH CERTIFICATES, along with their passports, when travelling.  Should you be travelling with children, please ensure that you apply for these certificates timeously. 

SA Travelbug can assist you to obtain these. 


The additional visa requirements for children are:

  • Adequate arrangements must have been made for their travel to, reception and care in the UK.



  • If the applicant is not applying or travelling with a parent or guardian based in their home country or country of ordinary residence who is responsible for their care:
  • that parent or guardian must confirm that they consent to the arrangements for the child’s travel to, and reception and care in the UK.
  • Where requested, this consent must be given in writing.
  • A child who holds a visit visa must either:

(a) hold a valid visit visa that states they are accompanied and will be travelling with an adult identified on that visit visa; or

(b) hold a visit visa which states they are unaccompanied;

if neither applies, the child may be refused entry unless they meet the requirements of the previous paragraph.